People often ask me why I am always happy. Those who know me well know that my circumstances are not always the source of my happiness, as I have certainly had my share of challenging times. THIS is how. Truly. By keeping myself always - ALWAYS - surrounded by ideas and images like these. It works. Honestly :)
Watch whatever ones grab your interest and skip the rest (or try them on anyway - you never know!!)
1. Benjamin Zander's TED Talk "On Music and Passion"... (Thank You Charlie Regan!) 20 minutes
"Benjamin Zander has two infectious passions: classical music, and helping us all realize our untapped love for it -- and by extension, our untapped love for all new possibilities, new experiences, new connections."
(My Note: Even if you do not enjoy classical music - especially if you do not enjoy classical music - please do this. This guy is so much fun and wonderfully inspiring. You will be left with an awesome sense of beauty and wonder and possibility and gratitude (not bad for just twenty minutes!!)
2. Pretty Lights (electronic music phenom) DJ'ing a spectacular mix of 7 Led Zeppelin songs. 6 minutes.
Pretty Lights live in his home state, Colorado//
PL played sets at The Fillmore in Denver, CO on 8-12-11 and at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO on 8-13-11.
RadioEditAV filmed the shows and edited this video to the track, produced by Pretty Lights. The song is a PL version of a Led Zeppelin remix. The track samples pieces of 7 Led Zeppelin tracks collaged together and then reflected thru a prism of Hip-Hop, Classic Rock, Downtempo, and Dubstep.
For more info on Pretty Lights shows and to download the track for free go tohttp://www.facebook.com/prettylights
and all PL albums are available for free at http://www.prettylightsmusic.com
3. Damien Walters - Parkour/Gymnast extraordinaire!! (Thank You Elise Maguire!) 3 minutes
4. Seth Godin on "Curiosity" at Nick Askew's Soul Biographies ... 3 minutes
5. A magnificent Dilbert ...
6. Thank You Karen Lorah Johnston Waite :)
7. "Validation" - an amazing 20 minute movie about the power of being kind to people and sharing good energy! (Thank You Heather Ann Bolestridge!)
8. "The Butterfly Circus" - a 20 minute movie about seeing the strength, beauty and value in everyone - even when they do not see it in themselves. (It has disappeared from my Facebook and I have gone blank on who sent it to me ... will correct this asap!)
9. A simplified guide to being happy ...
10. A beautiful essay that resonates so clearly with my worldview ... (from www.markmorford.com)
Click here to die young and happy